He’s impossible to read.
i get anxious for people who fall asleep on public transit. like where is your home? how many stops have you missed? this was not a time for a nap
My life is just stress and good music
Pawel Kuczynski’s satirical art. Take a moment to look at these properly.
There’s probably no better example of the throttling of creativity than the difference between what we observe in a kindergarten classroom and what we observe in a high school classroom,” she writes in Teach Your Children Well. “Take a room full of five-year-olds and you will see creativity in all its forms positively flowing around the room. A decade later you will see these same children passively sitting at their desks, half asleep or trying to decipher what will be on the next test.
- Time the burning towers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes
- Time they took to fall: 12 seconds
- Total number killed in attacks in New York: 2,606
- Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
- Number of NYPD officers: 23
- Number of Port Authority police officers: 37
- Number of WTC companies in the towers that lost people: 128
- Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402
- Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614
- Number of employees lost at Cantor Fitzgerald: 658
Number of nations whose citizens were killed in attacks: 115
- Ratio of men to women who died: 3:1
- Age of the greatest number who died: between 35 and 39
- Bodies found “intact”: 291
- Remains found: 21,744
- Number of families who got no remains: 1,717
- Estimated units of blood donated to the New York Blood Center:36,000
- Total units of donated blood actually used: 258
- Number of people who lost a spouse or partner in the attacks:1,609
- Estimated number of children who lost a parent: 3,051
- Percentage of Americans who knew someone hurt or killed in the attacks: 20
- FDNY retirements, January–July 2001: 274
- FDNY retirements, January–July 2002: 661
- Number of firefighters on leave for respiratory problems by January 2002: 300
- Number of funerals attended by Rudy Giuliani in 2001: 200
- Number of FDNY vehicles destroyed: 98
- Tons of debris removed from site: 1,506,124
- Days fires continued to burn after the attack: 99
- Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100
- Days the New York Stock Exchange was closed: 6
- Point drop in the Dow Jones industrial average when the NYSE reopened: 684.81
Economic loss to New York in month following the attacks: $105 billion
- Estimated cost of cleanup: $600 million
- Total FEMA money spent on the emergency: $970 million
- Estimated amount donated to 9/11 charities: $1.4 billion
- Estimated amount of insurance paid worldwide related to 9/11:$40.2 billion
- Estimated amount of money needed to overhaul lower-Manhattan subways: $7.5 billion
- Amount of money granted by U.S. government to overhaul lower-Manhattan subways: $4.55 billion
- Estimated amount of money raised for funds dedicated to NYPD and FDNY families: $500 million
- Percentage of total charity money raised going to FDNY and NYPD families: 25
- Estimated number of New Yorkers suffering from post-traumatic-stress disorder as a result of 9/11: 422,000
I want this tattooed on my lower back
halloween’s coming early on tumblr
NICK OFFERMAN WANTS TO GIVE YOU ADVICE!
Want to know your spirit animal? Need to figure out what to wear tomorrow? Don’t know your horoscope?
We’re shooting a web video with Nick Offerman and he’s going to give you unqualified advice! So submit your questions in our ask box (put “I Need Advice from Nick Offerman” at the beginning of your question), and yours just might get answered in a video on The Tonight Show YouTube page! Gooooooooo!
What do you need Nick Offerman to give you advice on?
"I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days, before you’ve actually left them."